And it true, I would prefer to be typing in this window, than in my boring word document about women and whether or not they were equal to men in ancient Athens. Ya know what?! They’re all dead. It doesn’t matter. Oh… did I say that?
I have a few picture blogs I want to work on… but instead I will be working on a paper about the equality (or lack there of) for woman in ancient Athens. Why? Because some one some where thinks it will benefit me. Bah!
You should see the snow coming down outside my window.
I don’t have any new pictures to share. It’s been so cold in the house, I mostly stay cuddled up as much as possible. PLUS… my batteries died and apparently we don’t have any more, but it’s so cold I don’t want to do and buy more at the store.
So, I got a text message today suggesting I update my blog. Now, I could update with everything I have been doing lately, but that would be extremely boring as all I’ve been doing lately is school. Lots of school. Back in October I got really sick, I had a kidney infection, was anemic and sleeping far too much. So… when I wasn’t in class or doing homework I was sleeping!
So yesterday was our one month anniversary. I didn’t feel like cooking, and so we went to eat at the Texas Steakhouse. It was pretty good. Then we went back to the house and watched out Netflix, Baby Mama. I guess it didn’t get rave reviews, but I thought it was pretty funny.
School is definitely rolling now. I took my first quiz this week, and I got a 90% on it. I have two more, and I definitely need to study for them. I’m kind of frustrated because I ordered my books online, and I only have 3 of them right now. I definitely need the rest to get here ASAP. I guess two of them were sent to my parents’ home, so Mama is sending them to me now, and then the last two are coming from Great Britain… so they have quite the trip to make. If they don’t get here soon then I will be forced to go and buy them some where else. I should look and see if I can borrow them from the library. I guess I can do that after class this evening.
Other than school… life is great. Being married is so good for me – a person who hates to be around people, but hates to be alone. I know it probably bothers Brandan that I never want to go out and do anything, but I try to step out and have some fun. It’s hard. He spends all day at home, working, and wants to get out, and I spend all day out and about – and I just want to go home and stay there. We need to find the balance. Still working on it.
He is so good to me though, and I couldn’t have asked for a better man. Life, for the first time in… ever… is purely good, and I love it, and him.
So, I had a wonderful amazing day – and I was really excited to come and blog about it. But then I ate dinner, and told a bunch of people, and sat down, and played on facebook… and I’m a bit less motivated. Regardless – I feel like sharing. I’m going to number the “Happy Events” of the day, to make it easier to follow:
- I finished my last exam this morning – and I am done for the semester!
- My WEDDING DRESS IS HERE! Here being my parents’ home – but that will be where I reside in just four days.
- I packed up a good deal of all my stuff.
Now the good stuff!
- When I went to put the “good deal” of all my stuff in my car, my front blinker has been… shattered. The pieces where all over the ground. I wasn’t too upset – it’s the same side that got dented in April of last year. Figured it would cost $50 for the piece, and it look easy to repair… BUT:
as I’m standing there I notice a guy standing by his car on his cell phone. I turned to him, to ask if he saw who hit my car and he was like “I hit it. I thought I was going to have to wait forever for you to come out here! Just let me know if you want me to pay for it, or if you want to go through insurance.”
What? He had been waiting on me for 30 minutes! Any who, I know that getting a ding on your insurence as a 20 y/o male is probably the last thing you want, and I was fine with having him just pay me for the parts. So he gave me his name, number, and insurence information – just in case.
- I was ironically on my way to the store to buy more tape to close up my boxes, so I didn’t have any tape to secure what was left of my blinker. I collected the pieces, borrowed some masking tape from the front desk, and then headed off to Kelsey’s to drop of my stuff, since:
- Kelsey is letting me store my stuff in her basement for free over the summer – and subsequently she is saving me a couple hundred bucks!
- I got to Kelsey’s, and awkwardly backed into her drive way. We each carried one box tot he basement, but these were not light boxes. I mean – I’m trying to pack efficiently, so as to not take up too much space in her basement. So these were “MAN” boxes. When we went out to the car, who should randomly be walking in front of her house, but a set of Elders! Yes. I know. How perfect? So the Elders came and helped us carry the rest of my MAN boxes down to the basement. I was so greatful at that moment. I don’t get mushy too often, but after we finished and I was driving away – it felt like a hug from heaven. I knew at that moment that Heavenly Father was watching out for me – even the little things.
- I went to Krogers and bought some tape. I then proceeded to put together the pieces of the broken plastic light covering. I was only missing a tiny piece on the bottom corner, but other than that – I taped it back on and the light looks fine, the bulb is protected, and it should hold for a while.
- Leaving Kroger I decided to stop by an auto parts store. I had already gone to one, and they had told me they couldn’t get me the piece I needed, but I was just crossing my fingers, figured since I was out that way I should try any ways, and low and behold! The guy ordered it, and it will be here on Saturday!
- I called the guy who hit my car, and told him the price, and we were going to meet up – but I guess he was headed out of town when he hit me, and he won’t be back until after I leave. So he’s going to mail me a check – with the back up that… I still have his insurence info.
- Got back to campus, parked my car, got and and started walking when to random guys walked up to me…
“Did your car get hit earlier today?”
“We saw the guy, and waited around to make sure he left a note or something so… did everything work out?”
- Then I got to tell them that he waited for me to show up, and that everything is going to be a-okay!
So. Not only did I pass all of my classes with flying colors, but the guy who hit my car waited around to tell me, it’s an easy fix, the missionaries had perfect time, I got some delicious KFC, I taped my car back together, and there were other people looking out for me!
School is almost done. Here’s the list of “to-do’s”
Meh! Holy cow. lol. I’m just trying to get through my days right now. I know this seems lame – but after spending 10 days straight with Brandan I am constantly almost in tears because I can’t stand being all alone. Boo. Thankfully Christmas break is just around the corner. Tomorrow I will edit my draft and finish my 10 page paper for Environment Issues, Tuesday and Wednesday will be devoted to my Child Psych exam. My other exams don’t have a book, or a study guide – so that should be interesting. Ah! Now… it’s 8 pm. I’m tired… soo guess what! I’m actually going to bed.
Guys are still dumb – but life moves on. J apologized to me the other day for all of the Spring Break drama. Not really sure how things are going to work out, but we’ll see. At least we’re talking again.
I’m definitely going to BYU. I didn’t even bother signing up for my UT classes… so now there isn’t even another option. I’M MOVING TO UTAH! Crazy – I know. But it should be good for me, the last couple of months were pretty ridiculous, so a change of pace will be good for me.
Now I’m hoooooome with my family. <3 LOVE! I’ve got my baby (the dog!) and we slept on the floor together last night. That is always enjoyable. Especially loving the hard wood floors. Good choice there. lol. Gretel had a bit of her own drama a week ago when a tick embedded itself in her eyelid…. yeah – kind of bad placement. So my Mama had to rescue her. Gretel’s eye was all infected and so they had to go to the Doggy Clinic, but she’s doing much better now. She’s always so happy when I come home, it just makes me smile because she kind of gets this little jump in her step. She’s so beautiful. Jimmy the fluff ball is also doing well. Ya know: growing like a weed – a very small weed. Apparently he’s not going to get very big. He’ll keep his annoying little bark forever. Oh joy.
In any case, just figured I should up date since I’m in a new place, doing different things. As of now I’m working a couple of little part-time jobs for people, and looking for a real job for the summer. I have a feeling I could end up at PetsMart or something of the sorts, but I’m hoping to find something better. We’ll see how it goes.
Goodness, it’s a good thing no one reads this journal, because I haven’t written in here in forever. Mostly I am just trying to get through college right now.
The University has started referring people to Facebook for more information on events, while my roommate is driving me crazy. I have been assigned to a new room for next year, sans any roommates. So that will be nice. Paul is a missionary in Albania now! Keven is in New York, Jer is in South Africa and David is in Rio de Janiero! Crazy how fast time flies and people just…. grow up!
So, here’s the deal, me and my two “best friends” were going to get an apartment together. We’ll call them Kate and Sarah (sorry if that is some one’s name on my flist and I didn’t realize it… nothing personal), well. Kate and I have been best friends the whole year, we’ve been really close, and yeah, I’ve never connected with some one like I did with her. Sarah moved here about a month ago, and we clicked really well. She graduated last semester, and she’s 21, Kate is my age.
Well, I found us a two bed room apartment for the three of us, and Kate and I were going to share a room. Well, I had everything organized, I got my parents to go along with it, even though the whole time they were kind of skeptical, telling me to be really careful, but everything seemed like it was fine. Well, on Saturday (un-known to me) Sarah went to Kate with a proposition that “Jessica doesn’t NEED and apartment, she just wants it.” and pretty much told Kate (who by the way, just got kicked out of her house for getting baptized, so is… sehr poor with few options) the optimatum “like with me(Sarah), and we can kick Jessica out, or find some where else to live”, and Kate definitely doesn’t have too many options, and had no where to stay for the summer, so she decided to stay with it. Well, they told me last night, Sarah using the excuse of “I’m just too stressed and I need my space” and yeah… i was “voted off the island”… even though it was my island.
Well, today I talked to my mom, and she said “If the paying for the summer is a problem, talk to Kate and tell her we’de be willing to pay half for the summer, and then just she and I could room together. Well, she felt bad about ditching Sarah… meanwhile, I had until 5 pm today to cancel my housing contract with the university, so pretty much she just let time run out so she didn’t have to make a decision. Well, she also chose the girl she’s known for a few weeks over the girl she’s known the whole year.
I hope they’re happy. I will be living in a single room with a complete stranger for an entire year. I don’t really know what to do. I don’t want to be friends with them any more, but we all have the same friends, and there is no was to avoid them unless I stop going to church.
So I titled the last entry “Icee”, and I didn’t even touch on that…
So yesterday I saw a girl drinking an Icee, and so i was really really craving one. Well, I walked out to my car to go to Wal*mart to get tape and another tub for my stuff, cause I’m packing up to go home. Well, on the way to the car I saw the beautiful Elyse, and stole her to go to wally-world with me. Well, on the way back we stopped at a gas station, with no luck, and so we went back to campus and went to the Pilot, and got 2 large icees for 99 cents each. 😀 BUT, there was no cherry… so I had to get a coke flavored one… which was not nearly as satisfying. 🙁
This morning at 10 ish I got up, packed a little bit more, and then called my mom, talked with her for a long time about the apartment, and then I ate lunch with Elyse… turned in her English paper for her… then called my mom and talked some more. Now I am waiting for her to check her e-mail and call me back. That is all.
So, I am trying to pack up my dorm room, and study for exams, and be cool and fun and responsible all at the same time…. not working out so well.
I got to chat with an old friend of mine. We went to middle school together, and he’s on my MSN list, but I am hardly ever on there, so when he signed on, I said hello.
I also wanted to share pictures of the new apartment that I will be moving into next fall.
I went apartment hunting today.
That’s all I have to say.