I’m sure this is a part of something that I have no intentions of keeping up with, much like many other things in my life. But I thought that since I have shared my hand-writing, and my signing skills, it might be neat to share a little about my voice/dialect.
Keep in mind that 3 minutes ago I nearly choked to death on my excessive amounts of pregnancy saliva. (It’s true. I didn’t have this problem before I became pregnant. I was just minding my own business, trying to breath, and then I was choking on my own spit. Sorry. I’ll stop now.)
But to the point. As I explain in the video – I’ve moved around quite a bit, so there’s not saying what words might come out of my mouth!
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
A few notes:
I have terrible skin right now. I had wonderful skin before I became pregnant, and now I feel like a freaking teenager! I made no attempts to do my hair or put on make-up. In fact, I currently smell like the fried chicken I made for dinner at my parents’ home. Be thankful this isn’t smell-o-vision.
ALSO… I don’t know why, but I feel like I sound particularly southern in this. Umm… I’m tired. And when I’m tired – that happens. I will have to do another vlog with me talking to prove that I don’t always sound like I lived in Tennessee for 5 years.
Like I said, if you want me to link to your Dialect Vlog, leave a link and I’ll add it!